St Edmund's School is a coeducational nursery, pre-prep, preparatory and Senior school originally founded in Hunstanton, Norfolk, England, in 1874, and subsequently moved to Hindhead, Surrey, in 1900, where the school moved into a large country house named Blen Cathra, previously a home of George Bernard Shaw, with grounds of some 35 acres (14Â ha).
The school's original buildings in Hunstanton was purchased in 1901 by Howard Cambridge Barber and became the home of Glebe House School.
In 1968 the school had 130 boarders, plus 25 day boys "taken for the first two years". For most of its existence St Edmund's was for boys only. It first admitted girls in 2008 and is now co-educational. In 2014 the ISI report listed it as having 249 pupils. 173 boys and 76 girls.
Notable former pupils
- And see Category:People educated at St Edmund's School, Hindhead
- King Abdullah II
- John Bicknell Auden
- W. H. Auden
- Marcus Brigstocke
- Jonathan Dimbleby
- Christopher Isherwood
- Anthony Loyd
- Harold Edward Musson
- John Schlesinger
- John Shearman
- Guy Siner
- Anthony Trafford, Baron Trafford
- Cyril Morgan Brown, 1930s
- A. J. Walliker, MA (Cantab.), present day
- Official St. Edmund's School website