The OSU College of Engineering is the College of Engineering at The Ohio State University.
Engineer Your Future: Virtual Tour - Many high school students considering Ohio State's College of Engineering have visited campus, enjoying tours guided by our talented students. But it's hard to see all the cool places where...
- Biomedical Engineering
- Center for Aviation Studies
- Chemical and Bio-molecular Engineering
- Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Integrated Systems Engineering
- Knowlton School of Architecture
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
In 2013, Ohio Stateâs six-year graduation rate was 83.2%, up from 75% in 2009 and well above the national graduation rate of 57%.
Engineering and architecture
- bachelorâs degrees awarded (2012â"2013): 1,294
- masterâs degrees awarded (2012â"2013): 490
- doctorate degrees awarded (2012â"2013): 157
ACT composite mid-50% for incoming engineering students (2013): 27-31
In fiscal year 2012, this research was supported by more than $117M in externally sponsored research expenditures.
Ohio State is #2 nationally among public universities in industry sponsored research. Industry R&D expenditures for the College of Engineering in fiscal year 2012 totaled $36.7 million.
More than 40 research centers and laboratories provide students with access to facilities for research and teaching. The College of Engineering administers several research and interdisciplinary units, including:
- Aerospace Research Center - Center for Automotive Research - Center for Aviation Studies - Center for Electron Microscopy and Analysis - Center for Occupational Health in Automotive Manufacturing - ElectroScience Laboratory - Nuclear Reactor Laboratory - Ohio Manufacturing Institute - Spine Research Institute - Transportation Research Center - Center for Emergent Materials (NSF MRSEC) - Simulation Innovation and Modeling (SIM) Center - Water Resources Center (USGS)
- 334 full-time engineering and architecture faculty members
- 13 National Academy of Engineering members
Location and environment
Facilities and equipment
Student organizations and activities
- MEGA - Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Graduate Student Association
Career services and placement
Notes or references
- Ohio State College of Engineering Official Website